We are currently accepting applications for
-the 2019/20 school year for Kindergarten through Seventh Grade
-the 2018/19 school year for certain grades
The German School Brooklyn welcomes students from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds regardless of nationality, race, religion or gender.
1. Current students
2. Siblings of current students
3. Students of partner schools
4. All other students
New students are admitted on the basis of previous academic records and references, as well as a personal interview. New students are selected by the school management team.
Strong knowledge of the German or English language is required for all children who enroll in Kindergarten. Basic knowledge in the second language is advantageous.
Children entering Grade 1 and up must have strong knowledge of German or English and good knowledge in the second language.
Birthday requirements for Kindergarten: 5 years old by September 30. Birthdays which fall between September 30 and December 31st can enter Kindergarten if they are academically and socially ready.
The enrollment period begins in November for the upcoming year. Children may enroll throughout the school year based on availability.
- Send in an application form any time in fall. Include the birth certificate, report cards of prior schools and the application fee of $200. Deadline is December 1st.
- Visit the school on an open house in the fall or by appointment (if you cannot attend the open house).
- Schedule an interview with the child and parent(s)/guardian(s). Application has to be at the school two days prior to the interview. Click here to schedule an interview.
- Acceptance letters from school are sent out by February 1st.
- Sign the school contract and pay first installment to reserve a spot (first come first serve)
- The 1st tuition installment is due with signing the contract
- Required documents listed on the application form are due by May 31st