German School Brooklyn is the first German International School in New York City providing bilingual education.
GSB opened its doors in September 2014 in the heart of Brooklyn at Grand Army Plaza in the wonderful Union Temple building. GSB launched its elementary school program with Grades K, 1 and 2 and will naturally grow one grade per year until the final diploma.
- Offering education from lower school (Kindergarten, Grades 1-5) through middle school (Grades 6-8) and high school (Grades 9-12)
- Dual-language instruction in English and German
- Small class size of around 20 students
- Two additional foreign languages: one starting in Grade 3 and anohter one starting in Grade 9
- Focus on fine arts – music, art and theatre courses
- School hours from 8:30 am -3:30 pm (with option for all-day supervision from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- Year-round programming
- Education based on the best parts of German, American and international curricula, with emphasis on encouragement of independence, sense of responsibility and development of personality
- Collaborating with educational service provider Schulexpert/Deutsche Fernschule (www.schulexpert.de)
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our school!
Kathrin Nagle and Muriel Plag